Monday, March 10, 2008

Sick again Grrrr


Well today I met the real Gent I think, the one I have heard about, with the terrible winter weather and such. My cold has come back with a vengeance so I've been feeling pretty nasty. But ran out of tissues so decided to make a dash to the supermarket while there looked to be a fine spell. Alas, it started sheeting rain just when I arrived at the supermarket. Mucked around in supermarket for as long as possible to see if weather would clear. Weather did not clear. Rain got lighter so decided to make a run for it. 5 minutes later it decides to hail, which jolly-well hurts, especially if you're heading into the wind. So there I was, wet, freezing, sick, being hailed on, in gail-force winds I couldn't ride in so I had to walk. I was most unimpressed. BUT on the plus side, I found a supermarket that has some products with names in English! Always a bonus, after several bad experiences in buying things I thought I understood, but turned out to not understand the labelling once I got them home and opened them!

So now Im sitting here drinking multitudes of cups of hot cocoa, making the trip to buy it worth it. Hehe. And I now have 30 packets of tissues, which I got cheaper than buying a box. yay. At least I was smart enough not to go to Antwerp yesterday, as the whole day was rainy and nasty, everyone got wet. I hope the weather improves soon!

p.s free tip #001 for staying alive in Belgium - avoid cobblestones at all costs when wet! Skinny bike tyre + wet slippery bumpy cobblestone = disaster! And its not just me that's unco enough to fall off my bike either, another girl had an accident the other day and has badly bruised knees and a fat lip! poor thing. Evil cobblestones!

1 comment:

Janine said...

oh no you´re sick too??
it sucks aye.

omg poor thing, what a wet story!! hahahaha.

cobblestones sure are nice to look at, unfortunately they have thier down side.... i found that out with rollerblades hahaha.

hope you´re not too bruised?

don´t fall into the 'only english' trap!! buy dutch labeled stuff coz that way you learn!!! (one day i bought prawn crackers - from that day on i knew what prawns were and not to buy them lol)

apart from sick i hope you´re still enjoying?