Saturday, March 8, 2008

International Dinner




Just got back from our International Dinner, which now seems to be a weekly event where we all bring some kind of food from our home country. I got to try real authentic Hungarian gulash which is yummy (like a soup with meat, potato, carrot, spices etc), and some interesting Turkish dishes which I can't pronouce the names of (one was a rice rectangle wrapped in grape leaves.. very tasty, and then a yoghurt, carrot and garlic sauce. so yum!). I think I made a pretty great pikelet and fruit salad dessert - I managed to cook some nice pikelets in my small frying pan, and then I made a delicious salad out of peach, pear, mango, strawberries, kiwifruit and banana (I even made the kiwifruit into those florette things, ooooh fancy!) For the pikelets, I had yoghurt, honey and cream. Mmmm. All in all I think I managed to keep NZ's good reputation here intact. It was really nice to try some different foods, had a lovely evening. But now I'm pooped! Nice sunset here tonight, red sky at night = sailor's delight!

No comments: