Wednesday, March 5, 2008

IT JUST SNOWED


So, I had an appointment this morning with a Professor to discuss my research topic for Drug Policy. And it was freezing when I went outside to get my bike. Nothing unusual so far. So then I am riding along the road outside my residence, looking at all the cars parked along the road, trying to figure out if there had been hail or frost, because the tops of the cars were covered in a layer of dusty looking hail. But it was too thick and too fluffy to be frost. And the sun was out. Weird.

Didnt think anymore of it until I got into town and it started to spit. So I hurried to Uni to get out of the weather. Once I had parked my bike in the law courtyard, I noticed that it was now SNOWING. Or at least I think it was snow. Too light for hail, dont think it was sleet either, it kind of floated down out of the sky. It didnt last very long, but I was late for my appointment because I spent 10min just standing gawking at the sky.

Didnt get a photo either, but it snowed, I swear it snowed! Or at least, some form of frozen precipitation!!

It's now 3 degrees. Hope y'all in NZ are enjoying the heat!!!!

No comments: